The National Osteoporosis Society (NOS) is a UK wide charity dedicated to ending the pain and suffering caused by osteoporosis. NOS produces a wide range of information leaflets, booklets and factsheets for people living with osteoporosis and for those wanting to improve their bone health. The charity also provides a free osteoporosis helpline and self-management support groups.
- For ‘Fracture prevention’ – avoiding accidents and falls
- For ‘Fracture prevention’ -healthy living
- For ‘Introduction to osteoporosis’
- Osteporosis (ARUK)
Self Management for osteoperosis
Support and advice can be gained from NOS by contacting email@example.com
The Brighton & Hove National Osteoporosis Society support group meets at Maycroft Manor Care Home in Brighton (2-8 Carden Avenue, BN1 8NA) every first Wednesday of the month from 14.30 to 16.00. There are no meetings in January and August.
For information about osteoporosis please click on the recommended links:
My life Brighton & Hove – an on-line directory listing local Brighton & Hove and national organisations / services to support everyday living.
- Versus Arthritis Osteoporosis – https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoporosis/
- Royal Osteoporosis Society – https://theros.org.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4rTA5JHC6AIVmYXVCh1BFQiWEAAYASAAEgJHrPD_BwE
- Understanding Osteoporosis – https://theros.org.uk/information-and-support/understanding-osteoporosis
- Living with Osteoporosis – Reducing your risk – https://theros.org.uk/information-and-support/living-with-osteoporosis/reducing-your-risk-of-broken-bones
- Looking after your Bones – https://theros.org.uk/information-and-support/looking-after-your-bones
We are currently reviewing all our Persistent Pain service information. We will be updating this page with more new, better content to help you manage your persistent pain. Thankyou for your patience.