We have received your referral to Women’s Health Physiotherapy (part of the Musculoskeletal Assessment & Rehabilitation Service). We are able to offer a new initiative called the Healthy Pelvic Floor Virtual Class whilst you wait.
What is the Healthy Pelvic Floor Class?
This is a virtual class for people with symptoms of urinary incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse, who have been referred by their GP or consultant. It is run by a Senior Physiotherapist in the Women’s Health Team.
The class is 1.5 hours long. Is it run on Microsoft Teams.
What the class covers:
- Anatomy of pelvic floor
- Explanation of why incontinence and prolapse happen
- How to do pelvic floor exercises (and common mistakes!)
- Ways to manage/improve symptoms
When Is it?
Thursday at 5pm OR Friday at 10.15am on alternative weeks (choose 1)
What Do I Need to Access It?
We will be using Microsoft Teams.
You can use a laptop, desktop PC, smartphone or other smart device with a working microphone and camera.
You will be sent an email with the link before the class.
What Happens After the Class?
- We ask you try to follow the advice in the class for 4-6 weeks. It can take this long (and sometimes longer) to see an improvement in your symptoms from following the advice.
- If you would like to see a member of the Women’s Health Team afterwards for a face to face appointment, please contact 01273 242054 (option 2).
How Do I Book onto the Healthy Pelvic Floor Class?
Please call us on 01273 242054 (option 2) to arrange this or to answer any questions you may have about it.
What if I Don’t Want the Class?
You do not need to contact us if you do not want the class. We will keep you on the waiting list for a full assessment appointment. Waiting times for our service can be found on our ‘Wait Times’ page.
You can see some of our advice and self-help on our Pelvic Health webpages.