We have received your referral to Women’s Health Physiotherapy (part of the Musculoskeletal Assessment & Rehabilitation Service). We are able to offer a new initiative called the Healthy Pelvic Floor Virtual Class whilst you wait.
What is the Healthy Pelvic Floor Class?
This is a one-off, educational, face-to-face class for people with symptoms of urinary incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse, who have been referred by their GP or consultant. It is run by a Senior Physiotherapist in the Women’s Health Team.
What the class covers:
- Anatomy of pelvic floor
- Explanation of why incontinence and prolapse happen
- How to do pelvic floor exercises (and common mistakes!)
- Ways to manage/improve symptoms
When Is it?
Every 2nd Wednesday of the month, 10am-11.30am.
Occasionally this may need to vary, in which can our Admin Team will inform you when booking.
Where is it?
It is run in Horsham Hospital. Groups will include up to 8 women.
What happens After the Class?
- We ask you try to follow the advice in the class for 4-6 weeks. It can take this long (and sometimes longer) to see an improvement in your symptoms from following the advice.
- If you would like to see a member of the Women’s Health Team afterwards for a face to face appointment, please contact 01273 242054 (option 2).
How Do I Book onto the Healthy Pelvic Floor Class?
Please call us on 01273 242054 (option 2) to arrange this or to answer any questions you may have about it.
What if I Don’t Want the Class?
You do not need to contact us if you do not want the class. We will keep you on the waiting list for a full assessment appointment. Waiting times for our service can be found on our ‘Wait Times’ page.
You can see some of our advice and self-help on our Pelvic Health webpages.